Friday, March 31, 2017

Ed Puzzle: Our Awesome Solar System

UEN:
Standard 3
Students will understand the relationship and attributes of objects in the solar system.
Objective 1 Describe and compare the components of the solar system.

Education Technololgy:
Standard 8 Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities. (5, 6)

ISTE:
Computational Thinker Students develop and employ strategies for understanding and solving problems in ways that leverage the power of technological methods to develop and test solutions.

The tool that I chose to use was Ed Puzzle, I was able to edit a video or shorten it and add thinking questions that were relevant to the video.  This was a great tool because I was able to use a video as well as I was able to ask questions about the video in the video.  This tool would be a great tool to use when making projects and making presentations in classes.  It would be a fun and different way to present information.  I would use this in my future classrooms when I present information.  You can edit the video between the start and the end.  It would be really easy to use this tool when wanting students to review information.  

Pros: This was a fun tool to use, you are able to choose your own video from wherever you want.  The website has helpful hints and tutorials that show you how to start and what to do on each part of creating the Ed Puzzle.  

Cons: this tool was nice to use, but I didn’t like that I wasn’t able to crop multiple times I could only crop once.  All in all it was a great tool.  

I can use this tool in my classroom to present information through videos.  It would be a great why to test what they know and what still needs to be discussed. The questions that you add to it can be thinker questions which would help them to think about what information they know.  

How my students can utilize this tool is they can find their own videos and add their own information and questions to videos.  This would also be a fun project that my students could use to present to the class.  

No comments:

Post a Comment