Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Google Forms Simile and Metaphor


UEN:
Reading: Literature Standard 4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative language such as metaphors and similes.

Education Technology:
Standard 8 Use technology resources (e.g., calculators, data collection probes, videos, educational software) for problem-solving, self-directed learning, and extended learning activities. (5, 6)


ISTE:
Computational Thinker Students develop and employ strategies for understanding and solving problems in ways that leverage the power of technological methods to develop and test solutions.

The tool that I chose to use was google forms.  This is a great tool because with it, you are able to collaborate with others and also learn from others and their responses to the questions.  I like that the responses you leave can be anonymous or they can be recorded.  I would like to use this in my future classrooms with older students, this would be a great way to gather information on what they know, it can be taken as a pretest or even a post-test.  I would use this as a less intimidating form of assessment because for some students test can be nerve wracking.  

Pros: It is easy to manage and answer questions. You can create any type of questions that you would like, for example that quiz that I made I includes both multiple choice answers and also short response.  The quiz can also be anonymous, which is helpful in assessing what the students already know when preforming a pretest  

Cons: You do have to have a google account to create this, but I don’t believe that you need a google account to take quizzes already made.  To add certain things to the quiz you do need to know what you are doing, that make the process go a lot smoother.  

I can use this tool in my future classroom in order to assess information already known, what to teach more in depth, and it is a different way of assessing information that I will have already taught.  

My students can utilize this tool when they are trying to learn or to see what they need to focus more on.  It is a good way to reduce stress that some students have in relation to testing.  



No comments:

Post a Comment