Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Prezi: Microorganisms: Viruses



UEN:
Standard 4 The students will understand concepts related to health promotion and disease prevention Explain how viruses differ from other microorganisms.

Education Technology:
Standard 5 Use technology tools (e.g., multimedia authoring, presentation, web tools, digital cameras, scanners) for individual and collaborative writing, communication, and publishing activities to create knowledge products for audiences inside and outside the classroom. (3, 4)

ISTE:
Knowledge Constructor Students critically curate a variety of resources using digital tools to construct knowledge, produce creative artifacts and make meaningful learning experiences for themselves and others.

The tool that I chose to use was Prezi, it is a cool and different way to present information.  This is a great tool to use for me now because it’s fun to make this type of presentations. I could use this now because I am able to make the presentation from anywhere and I can access it at any time.  I would use this tool in my future classrooms when I am teaching any subject, you could make a Prezi for any type of information and it would be a great way to present it. It also moves and changes which I think would be fun for my students to watch and that they would be more able to pay attention to it.   

Pros of this tool would be that you can access it anywhere that you have internet access, you can sign in anywhere and work on it.  It also auto saves which I really liked, I didn’t have to worry about losing any of the work that I had already done.  

Cons of this tool would be that it was a bit difficult to navigate through, you have to make sure that you click the place that you are trying to work on just right or it adds another text box that I didn’t need.  

I will use this tool in my classroom when I am making any type of presentation, it would be a fun way to teach my students information.  When you are presenting the presentations, it is fun because of the transitions that you can choose, which make it fun for the students.

How my students can use this tool is they can make projects with it. It would be a good alternative to the standard powerpoint, it could be more fun for them to make a Prezi, than just a regular powerpoint.   

No comments:

Post a Comment