Thursday, February 8, 2018

UDL Action and Expression (Formative)

UDL Action and Expression (Formative)

How Principle 2: Action and Expression can be effectively integrated into teaching is through making formative assessments interactive and interesting for students. It is also very important to remember that there are so many different types of learners and I need to be diverse in the way that I teach my future students so that they can effectively show us what they know. I would also like to integrate formative assessments by showing the students how fun it can be to create things to show what you know, it would be wonderful to model or "figure" out how the tools work, as a class, so we are all learning together.
Principle 2 will help my students because they will be more enthusiastic to show me what they have learned if they are enjoying the formative assessments that they are doing. It would also help my students to be able to choose from a few different types of tools to show me what they have learned, I think that giving students a bit of restricted freedom, by having a few different options will help them as well. I would choose about 4 different options and then my students can have a choice between the 4. By giving a variety of ideas or tools they will be able to create a project they would enjoy. I could also have the students vote together as a class on a tool that they would like to use. My goals in regard to this topic is that I will be able to create a classroom where my students know that assessments don't have to be scary tests, but that they can be really fun activities and projects that they will enjoy. 

http://castprofessionallearning.org/project/top-10-udl-tips-for-assessment/
http://www.udlcenter.org/aboutudl/udlguidelines/principle2

No comments:

Post a Comment